April 8, 2011

Show Us Your life - Mother's day/Father's Day Ideas

This is probably one of the stranger topics that Kelly has used for Show Us Your Life, but I kind of like it. I would like to know how other people celebrate their parents and how they are celebrated for being a parent.

For Mother's Day we have always exchanged cards/small gifts and lunch with my Memaw. For Father's day we do the same thing except lunch is usually with just my Parents. I love my Mom and Dad very much, so both of these days are special because of them.

For the first 22 years of my life I only celebrated my parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles, but now....the past 4 Mother's Days I have been included! 2007 was my First! I was 3 months pregnant with our first child. Morris, my Mom and a few close friends gave me Cards! I cherish those cards! I don't know how to tell you how much they meant to me! If you are a mom then you know what I am talking about!
In 2008, along with cards I also got a small indoor house plant. I am sure you are thinking what is the big deal...it's a plant! But it was a big deal. First it was from my Brother and Sister-in-law, so that made it special. Second it was precious! It was just a baby in need of care and I was determined it would be great! And It Is!!! It started at only a few inches and now, 3 years later it is 10 or 12 inches high! I love my plant! I smile every time I see it and it reminds me of my first Mother's Day with my Daughter!
 In 2007 my plant was similar to this one, maybe a little smaller:




Now look at him!

That is my coffee pot sitting to the right. My plant is bigger! I have already had to re-pot it because it out grew the first one. Morris got me this pot in 2010 for Mother's Day. This is literally my Mom plant! Cool I know!

This year will be a New Mother's Day for me. It will be my first as a Mom of Two! I might need 2 plants?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...