May 7, 2010

Show Us Your Life: Kids Names

I recently became a follower of Kelly's Korner. Today she is asking that you Show Us Your Life through your kids names....here is her post http://www.kellyskornerblog.com/2010/05/show-us-your-life-your-kids-or-future.html. I really like this idea b/c Morris and I put a lot of thought into the names we chose and are using for our kids.
Taylor Suzanne

Before Morris and I got married we talked about Children's Names. We both wrote our favorite girl name on a piece of paper and traded. It was shocking to both of us to find that we both wrote down the name Taylor. Morris just loved the name and liked that it was different. I loved the name for the same reasons but also b/c of a dear friend. In high school I met a girl name Taylor. She captured my heart! She is a dear sweet friend that I just adore. I don't think at the time she realized that she was being such an influence. The name Suzanne is my middle name and also my Mom's Name. Morris really liked the idea of passing it down to our daughter. My Mama is an amazing Godly woman and the biggest influence on my life. She has been so supportive of Morris and our life together. Taylor absolutely LOVES her MamaZan!

Morris Wesley IV

It is obvious that this is a family name. My husband is the IIIrd and of course there was never any doubt in either of our minds that our son would be the IVth. Our son is due to be born September 10th of this year. We are praying hard that he will arrive on September 9th. That date is special b/c Morris Wesley Senior was born on September 9th. We think that would be so amazing if they could share birth dates as well as names. Morris' grandfather was extremely special to him. He tells me wonderful stories about him and their time together. He passed away when Morris was in high school, I wish I could have known him. We are so thrilled to pass on this family name!

Before we found out we were having a boy, we had picked a girl name as well. I love the girl name we picked. I will save that to share if we decide to have another child and it is a girl. :)

Now it is your turn to Share Your Life

6 comments:

  1. What a fun post! I love your name picks!!

    Your blog is too cute! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taylor is adorable. Good luck with your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your name stories! Yeah for you for carrying on family names. I love that very much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little girl is precious!! And her name is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the name and the post....Fun

    Stopping by to say Happy Mother's Day...
    Have a few hours to blog hop and nothing makes me happier.
    I have a GREAT GIVEAWAY that I will be drawing for on Sunday night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blog! I became a follower! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...