February 11, 2011

Show Us Your Life - Beauty Secrets

Kelly's Show Us Your Life for today is Beauty Secrets.
This one is hard for me. I have never found myself to be beautiful or even remotely average, so I am not sure that anyone will be interested in my routine/secrets.

Hair: (10 to 45 minutes)
I get my hair colored and trimmed 1 to 2 times a year at Salon M Squared. I wear it naturally curly most of the time. On a curly day I wash and condition with Tresemme curly shampoo and condition. I towel dry and put Tresemme curly gel throughout, using my fingers to comb through. I NEVER use a brush or comb on my hair when it is curly. After it has air dried about 50% I spray it down with Tresemme Curl Locking Spray. On the second day I just pin it half up and spray with water. Then spray it down again with Tresemme Curl Locking Spray. I only wash it every other day.
On a Straight day I was my hair with Frizz-Ease Straighting shampoo and condition. I use their straighting serum on towel dried hair. Then I blow dry with a round brush. After dry, I section off my hair and straighten with a flat iron. I spray each section with Sebastian's light hair spray.

Face:
I wash my face 2 times in the shower with Neutrogena Men Invigorating Face Wash. I love that stuff in the shower! My face feels revived! At night I wash twice with Olay Total Effects Revitalizing Cleanser (I use this b/c I got it free at Walgreen's but it is nice).

Make-up: (10min)
I prep my skin with Bare Minerals Prime Time. Then I use Bare Minerals Foundation, Warmth, and Mineral veil. I also use blush and eye shadow, but I just buy what ever brand has the color I want. My 2 favorites are my black powder eyeliner (applied with an eyeliner brush) and my Maybelline Volum' Express Classic Mascara in very black (I have used the same type of mascara for 10 years). I usually only use lip gloss on my lips and it is normally Burt's Bees or Victoria's Secret.
Favorite Tools:
Eyeliner brush:
e.l.f. Professional Eyeliner Brush, 1 ea
Flat Iron: Corioliss
Make-up Brushes:

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...