April 6, 2011

MAJOR GOAL COMPLETE!!! (#32)

Last Friday I submitted the Payoff for one of our student loans!!!
Today the payment cleared the bank and....
Our student loan account looks like this....


We now just have 1 student loan and 2 credit cards to pay off before we can say we are Debt Free (other than our house)!!!
If you have ever struggled with debt or paid off debt then you know how I feel! The excitement, the encouragement, the increased motivation....
This is what we needed to put our Gazelle in over-drive!!!
(that is a Dave Ramsey term for those of you who don't Dave Ramsey it)

If you are debt free or working to be debt free I would love to hear from you and find out how long it took and how much you had to pay off.

2 comments:

  1. Allison- We started Dave Ramsey around Christmas time and we put all of the money I made while teaching towards paying off things. We have one car payment and our house payment now. I have a ton of equity in my car so we are thinking of selling it and buying another car with the extra money. I'm so ready to be completely out of it!!
    You are doing so good!! Doesn't it feel great??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! It is a huge encouragment when you get something paid off and it makes you work harder to spend less and payoff more! Since I haven't been working I told Ben we save more money than we ever have. I think it's because my mindset on spending has totally changed. When I work, Ben and I just spend freely, but I don't want to go back to that if I ever go back to work! I want to stay like we are now. Hopefully I can stay focused and save and payoff more. Keep up the good work oh and I promise I'll update my blog soon...real soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...