April 26, 2011

Easter Weekend

It was so nice having Friday off! I needed the long weekend! Despite having Mac's Ultrasound it was a very peaceful, fun day! We dropped Taylor with my Mom around 11:30 on our way to the Dr.
Mom was pretty excited because she was taking Taylor to see the movie HOP in the theater. They started out at Tazikis for lunch and then walked down to see the fish in the fountain.
They continued their walk to the theater.



Mom said she did really good until the commercials came on! Why do they have to make them SO loud! They kind of scared Taylor so she buried her head in Mom's shoulder. When the movie started Mom looked down to tell Taylor it was on, only to find her sound asleep! She slept through all but the last 20 minutes of the movie! But she liked the 20 minutes she saw!
Saturday was a lazy day at the house, pictures in the garden and playtime at the Park. Then a Late night preparing for the Easter Bunny to come.



Easter was a fun day! We got up and took our time getting ready for church. We normally attend the 8:30 service but for Easter there was only one service at 10! Taylor had forgotten about the Bunny coming to see her so I had to "Find" the baskets for her. She did not disappoint me with her level of enthusiasm! I just love her excitement!


She went straight for the golf clubs, which made Daddy proud.



She was thrilled with her new sippy cup and was so excited that Mac had one too!


3 of her eggs were filled with money and as soon as she picked up the first one she held it to her ear, shook it and said "Daddy....It's got money in it!"



She later had to put all of her money in her Piggy Bank!


I do believe she was most excited about these...

Her very own fishing worms! She also got her first princess fishing rod!

Of course she found PlayDoh, M&Ms, stickers and Peeps to make it the perfect basket!



After finishing her basket she helped Mac find all of his stuff!




He was actually pretty interactive with his basket and toys.



He really loves his new ball and played fetch with himself for most of the time.



Both kids received Easter outfits in their baskets and wore them to church. I have to say though I am a terrible Mom! I forgot my camera and we never got a picture of them in their outfits! I know! It is ok to judge me on this one!

Sunday Afternoon Taylor went with my Dad to the Nursery to look at plants so Morris and I were able to put Mac down for a nap and work on a House Project. This is all I can show you for now...


When Mom and Dad showed up with Taylor they came with Easter gifts for the kids. Mac fell asleep before we could open his, so we saved it for the next time they are here. Taylor did not want to wait to open hers!


She got the coolest gardening set! It is made by Home Depot and everything is the Home Depot Orange! She absolutely loves it!
Then she decided to open an egg and found this...
And Peter Cottontail joins the family!

And every girl needs a pink phone!

Later we died Easter eggs! I love the suspense of finding out what colors the eggs will be!


Taylor was so excited about seeing how pink the pink egg turned out! It was the best pink I have ever gotten an egg to be!
This is me explaining all of the decorating options.
I love the bright colors!
Trying my hand at a multi-colored egg...it turned out as red, white and blue.
Taylor's ring of colorful eggs!

The great adventure of Peter Cottontail... into the ring...

out of the ring! This bunny is super cute!

I hope you all had a very Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...