May 20, 2011

Rehearsal for the Big Show

Last night was rehearsal for Taylor's first Dance Recital at the BJCC Concert Hall!!
When we found out the recital was going to be at the BJCC I just couldn't imagine little Taylor on that BIG stage! We arrived around 4:30 and signed in. Her group is more than half way through the program so we waited in the auditorium and watch some of the other girls.WE ran into Gracie and were able to sit with her while we waited. Taylor was mesmerized by the dancers and the lights!!


She, however, was not a fan of the lights going out and the big black curtain coming down.



The girls new several of the songs and dances that went with them and were standing in the aisle putting on a show.


10 songs before ours, we went back stage to join up with Taylor's group. The girls were able to color for a little bit.




after about 5 minutes one of the teachers called Taylor's group. She put them in a line and told them to sit "criss cross apple sauce" on the floor.
Luckily they all knew what she was talking about b/c I had no idea!


Gracie was at the front and Taylor was at the back. Gracie made sure she knew where Taylor was! Too Cute


 After having watched a few other small groups it appeared that they put the good girls in the middle and the ones that were not quite as good on the outside.


I had hoped Taylor would not be at the back of the line (on the outside). She had never showed us any of her dance so we were not sure how she would at all.


 The girls were then instructed to hold hands and follow the teacher to the back stage area. I followed them just so I would know what to do on recital night. And to get a few pictures.



Ms. Laura (pictured in the green shirt) instructed that the parents could go to the audience and get ready to watch. So I ran back out and sat with Morris. While we waited I showed him some of the pictures I had taken back stage. He mentioned to me that Taylor was on the outside and that he had hoped she wouldn't be. We both were not expecting much from this, but were expecting it to be fun/funny! 

The curtains opened.... and my heart raced...I was a nervous wreck for her...

WHAT!!!???!!!

DEAD CENTER!!! (pink skirt)



Taylor was one of few that actually did the dance!


Have you ever been so proud you just cried??? That was me!


After they exited the stage she ran to Ms. Laura and said "Can I do it again??" I love it!
I think I told her 100 times how proud I was of her!
We can not wait for Recital Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...