May 19, 2011

Our Story: Closing out 2004

Where was I???
Oh yeah! 23 Month Anniversary date!

The week of November 22nd we were talking about how we had not been to a movie in a while and wanted to go. We planned to go on the 22nd and used the excuse that it was our 23 month Anniversary. :) Silly? yes! Fun? YES! So we planned to go Monday the 22nd to grab a quick dinner and early movie. Well, Morris stayed up late Sunday night and was dragging on Monday. We had early classes and then work and he called to tell me he needed a nap. That we was going to go home between work and the date and sleep for a few hours and that we could go on our date a little later than planned. I was honestly very angry. He left all of that on my voicemail and I couldn't get him to answer his phone b/c he sleeps through a freight train! He would rather sleep than go on our date!? When I got home from work around 5:00 there was rose petals on the floor in my room and a rose with a note that said I'm Sorry and to dress up b/c he was going to take me to a nice dinner to make up for taking a nap. My mom told me that he had come by and done that before he went home for his nap. I was still ticked but the roses helped. :) He came to get me around 6:30 and he was even wearing a Blazer. He told me were going to Ruth's Cris. I was totally pumped, I had never been before! He told me he had already checked the movie times and that we could still make the movie after dinner...it would just be the next showing. Ruth's Cris was AMAZING! It was far more than I could imagine and we even got a free dessert b/c the waitress found out it was our 23 month anniversary and she thought it was cute that we were there! After we were headed to the theater and I asked Morris if we had time to stop at our spot and look at the city? We were going to be passing it anyway and we had like an hour before the next movie. So we went. Little did I know how much Morris had planned out every move based on what he knew of me. It had rained that day so the ground and benches were wet...He was prepared with towels to dry them off. *I am honestly still CLUELESS* We sit for a few minutes and he pulls a plain white envelope from his jacket pocket and says "I got you something...don't be mad". I was mad b/c we had agreed not to do gifts or cards b/c we were doing the date....so I didn't have anything for him (the real reason I was mad). I opened it and found a small Bison Charm for my charm bracelet. It represented our time at Harding University. He then continued to pull plain white envelopes (10 in all) from his pocket, each with a charm to represent a time in our relationship. The last envelope I opened was a small charm that looked like a diamond ring. I looked at it and laughed and said it's a little early for this right? I looked up and he was on one knee with small box. I totally freaked out! I started crying and he said all of these wonderful sweet things that I couldn't hear and he asked me to marry him. Of Course I said YES and he put the ring on my finger! We hugged and while hugging he said...I hope you don't mind but we aren't going to a movie tonight. I thought we would go tell our parents and friends our news! I was totally pumped and so glad that he suggested that!

I had a lot of questions for him the next day....He didn't go home and take a nap. That was just part of the plan. He spent the afternoon looking for the last few charms he needed and getting reservations for dinner. He already had my ring the night of my birthday...but wanted to give me another special night to celebrate. My mom knew what was coming b/c of the roses and his mom was involved in helping him plan the night. And Lastly: How was he able to afford the AMAZING ring so quickly. Well one of Morris' part time jobs was to paint the Jewelry store that I worked at. The Manager gave him the 12 diamond band for my ring as payment. Then the Manager also helped to get the center round diamond for him at an amazing price. He bought an entire antique with lots of diamond and took the center stone from it and put into my ring! I LOVE my ring! It fits my personality perfectly and it was literally bought with Morris's sweat and hard work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...