June 10, 2010

#17 Check!!

In 2008 I bought Adobe Photoshop CS3 and the tutorial package that teaches you how to use it. Well it has been almost 2 years and I still have not sat down to try and figure it out. Well, last night while I as waiting for the fam to get home and the chicken to thaw, I started playing. I decided I would start by going through Amanda's Photoshop tutorials and learn the basics. Using her tutorial, I took this picture:


and did some tweaking. I always knew the picture was a little more fuzzy than I like, but I had no idea how clear it could get. Also, It was too dark. When the picture was printed my skin literally looked grey. I have it printed in an 11x14 but never hung it b/c I didn't like it. Now I need to get this version printed: 


I then created the Black and White Version....


And the Seventies version! I love this one! It reminds me of pictures I have seen from my Mom's wedding.



So with that, I have decided to check off #17 which was to learn how to use Photoshop CS3. I have learned enough doing these to do the basics to pictures. Photoshop will be a continuous learning experience for me but at least now I know enough to get started using the program.

2 comments:

  1. The 70's version is my favorite!!! I have been wanting to breakdown and buy photoshop for a while, but was so afraid that I wouldn't understand how to use it! Maybe I just need to get over it and try. Awesome pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I like the 70's version of the picture as well. We have Photoshop Elements but I still haven't figured out how to use it. That's on my list!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...