March 15, 2010

Sweet Memories

When I was younger my family would go to my grandparents house on friday nights for dinner and the adults would play cards. The 2 meals I remember most from Friday dinners was Scout Stew and Spagetti....Memaw style (it is more of a brownish sauce...nothing like your Preggo from a jar). I hated both as a kid. My parents would force Lee and I to eat it. As I got older it became less difficult to force them down. I just did it quickly and moved on. Well, last night my mom made dinner for Morris and I and she made Memaw's Spagetti. I was really excited about it for some strange reason. I sat down with my first helping and couldn't eat it fast enough. She even made the same kind of bread that Memaw always made/burned....except this time Morris and I cooked it so it wasn't burned. I returned to the island for a second helping with both my mom and Morris looking at me kind of funny. I am not a spagetti fan at all. But something about that spagetti! It brings back such sweet memories! I didn't know that a memory could make your taste buds broader, but I am glad that it can!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...