June 10, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

Every Memorial Weekend we join my parents and Aunt and Uncle in TN (#9).
This year we left late on May 26 and drove most of the night, to let the kids sleep during the drive. I think we finally got in around 2 AM, but were not in bed until 3! Unfortunately the kids were up at 7 and so were we! The Boys minus Mac headed out to Cade's Cove for their yearly tour. This year was the best year so far for Animal spotting.





They saw 10 bears!!!




While Mom and I got ready...Taylor got her toes and nails done.


While the boys enjoyed the great outdoors, the girls plus Mac enjoyed the Great outlets! I spent most of my time in the LOFT Outlet. *Love*


Around 3:30 we all met up at the Applebarn for Fritters!

Check out the look on Mac's Face!!! Hilarious!


 

Saturday we took our time getting ready and made a big breakfast.


Then we went to the flea market for some good finds and Bass Pro Shops.

This is what Mac while we were at BPS:
This is what Taylor did at BPS:

This is what WE did:
We celebrated The E's Anniversary at Smokey's BBQ.


Dad and Taylor went to play at the park while the rest of us did a little grocery shopping.

When we all met back at home we decided to watch Movies. For some insane reason Dad brought the Borne Trilogy and decided that we needed to watch the whole thing over the weekend. Well instead of spreading it out, we watched 2 in one night and one the next night! *sleep deprived*

Sunday started off lazy and we had a nice bible study around 11. After Morris, Mom and I went to cooking. We made Pork tenderloin, Roasted potatoes and Green Beans. It was so yummy!
As usual we went into Gatlinburg after taking a Nap!



This was Taylor's "office" (in the Thomas Kincaid Gallery!)

Sorry this picture is so blurry! It was with my mom's camera and the settings were messed up.
There is a lot going on in this picture....
I have no idea why I am making that face at Morris but I am sure it is the same reason Mac is making his face. Uncle Matt is watching us...
Dad and Taylor seem to be looking in the same direction with a similar sentiment.
We are sitting on the bench in front of the Ripley's haunted house thing. Taylor and Dad are watching the talking zombie that is hanging on the wall. That little guy was pretty funny!
"I remember the last thing I said right before I died. WATCH THIS!" I thought it was funny!
Anyhoo....

What person can resist the big marble covered in water...really....
Even I had to touch it! (and I have touched it for the past 7 years!)

Mac was obsessed with it!
We continue to eat work our way down the strip until we get here:

This year Morris picked up his polish dog and ate it at the fountain. He actually let me try a bite.
*Heaven!*



Mom, Taylor and I left everyone to save our seat while we picked up Karamel Korn and Funnel Cakes.
Yes we eat a lot! It's Tradition!

Monday we had captains galley for lunch. Then packed up and headed home!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...