January 28, 2010

What's For Dinner?

What’s for Dinner? How many times do you hear that question? Personally I think I ask it more than I hear it. Most people, who know us, know that Morris is the real cook in this house. But tonight I decided to try my hand at it. Somewhere around 9:00 AM I got this real Bobby Flay feeling about me and decided I was going to cook Tonight, Sunday night and some night next week (still to be decided). After work I drove to Wal-Mart and picked up about 15 essential ingredients and then headed to pick up Morris and Taylor. Then we all made a stop at Publix to pick up the 5 things Wal-Mart didn't have! I even had to visit the Seafood counter! I know seriously! Me at a seafood counter....YEAH RIGHT! But I did. Anyway, We got home and went to work. We diced onions, red bell peppers, and celery. We sliced sausage, "sweat" veggies and made rice. About an hour later we had this:

Shrimp and Sausage Gumbo

I thought it turned out great!!! This meal is now going on my list of regular meals!!

Just want to give a big THANK YOU to Amanda for the recipe!


3 comments:

  1. I HATE that question. This does look very good though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks good. will you share the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. way to go!!! we've been horrible about cooking dinner lately. gotta get back on it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...